Friday, October 15, 2010

In Northeast Arkansas

We could see Missouri if we looked over the hills and trees just about two or three miles to our North from Clay County, Arkansas. This little place was nestled in the hills, in trees, hillside grass, rocks ,and with the warmest people who truely care for others. I was in a town and area that is my favorite to go to for my handing out of food. They have 240 residents in their town, nearly all (almost 70% are married own their homes and have a median income of less than $24,000, yet they gather and give out food to 400 or so familes from surrounding areas in Clay County.  This county also has two other locations in that give out to 300 or so more familes. We had one person tell us that he had been talking with some of the County officials who stated that a larger number of people have been signing up for anything the government could help with today as compared to the past couple of years. I don't have the exact number of familes we helped this week for Clay County, I just know it was larger than last time.

POLITICS

I don't know how you stand, I know I desperately dislike all politicians equally, but this is what I know. The people who complained about the bad times the previous administration left us and voted them out are now complaining about the current administration. Now they are wanting to vote them out. Well, I think they just like to complain. It is funny to me. When Republicans are in office, they mess things up and Democrats scream they can do it better, When Democrats are in office, they mess things up and Republicans scream they can do it better, Well, duh?!?

It will take Me and You to fix things......

ECONOMY

We lose our "making things" jobs to other countries like China, Mexico, Indonesia, and so forth and wonder why the economy is so bad. However, we as Americans want to save money so we buy things made in China, Mexico, Indonesia, and so forth and wonder why our jobs go there. Hey what would happen if we bought American made products??????

American made products equal American jobs equals a better American Economy!!!!

Bye for today

No comments:

Post a Comment