Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hungry People

I am not sure how this will go over, but I do have some things to share with you today. I do not work now due to health issues, but I do go with my wife and I help work at a food bank in northeast Arkansas by handing out USDA commodies. By working with and interacting with the people who need and want help by way of food, I can see a trend. Over the next few years I hope we can expand to multiple states across America. Right now I can tell you this:  We go to different counties every week - keep in mind that 'Ours is to hand out or help people, not to judge if they are in need or not.' What I see is lots of people hungry and or hurting that are lining up to receive food. This either means there is not enough money getting to everyone, OR that the American economy is not good. I believe this also means that when every month the number of hungry people increases, the worse the everyday economy is. It is not the intent or issue to discuss managing your money.


Here is a good article about more and more hungry people.

 http://newsok.com/food-banks-need-help-as-hunger-grows/article/3487549

some quotes from this article:
In Oklahoma and nation, food banks are serving more and more people


In San Francisco, a loss of hours worked has taken food off the plates of families where parents had held two or three part-time jobs to make ends meet.





In Oklahoma and nation, food banks are serving more and more people. A food bank in Washington state reports that almost half of the people they serve have some form of postsecondary education and 21 percent own their homes. Only 9 percent are homeless.


Please read.





Now for a small amount of my soapbox. In America we have two main political parties. Democrats and Republicans. I think they are ALL CROOKS OR CHEATERS. All in all it does not matter which party is in charge, there are still many many people hurting! I could talk about this for a long time, but just to say I don't like either party. now back to the subject.

When the government's and our records indicate a number of families at a distribution site and we increase by 12% or more at every site, that tells me there are more and more hungry people, or a worse economy.


MY QUESTION: DOES THE NUMBER OF HUNGRY PEOPLE SHOWING UP HAVE A INDICATION OF OUR ECONOMY?
WILL YOU SHARE SOME OF YOU EXPERIENCES WITH US?

I know there are cheaters in the system that is getting food, but there are cheaters in every industry in the world. let's not worry about that.

Thanks,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment